This section includes instructions on how to provide students with access to the practice test through the e-assessment system.
How do I conduct a practice test session for my class/grouping?
You can conduct a practice test in order to give your students a chance to experience the system before their assessment session.
To conduct a practice test session, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your teacher account.
2. Once you are logged in, select the Classes/Groupings tab on the left-hand sidebar.
3. In this view, you will see your classes/groupings. To open a class/grouping, click Select Class or Select Grouping.
4. Once your class or grouping is open, click Start or Schedule Test Session.
5. Two choices will appear: Practice Test and Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test. Click Practice Test.
6. Two more choices will appear: Start Now and Schedule for Later. Click Start Now to begin the practice test.
The practice test allows students to experience what the full OSSLT assessment sessions will be like. It also includes all tools and accessibility features that will be available during the assessment session, so that the students can familiarize themselves beforehand.
How do I access the practice test with no account?
Anyone can access the practice test directly from the EQAO website.
To start the practice test, go to
- English: https://d1c1qqn86e6v14.cloudfront.net/#/en/student/osslt-assessment
- French : https://d1c1qqn86e6v14.cloudfront.net/#/fr/student/osslt-assessment
The practice test will allow students to experience the testing process and try the tools. At the end, students will be able to check their answers to the multiple-choice questions and see sample student written responses.